Answering the Call Sermon Series and Study
All people are called by God to Love God and Neighbor. That call looks different for each of us as we each have unique God-given talents and gifts. Many times we don't know what that call is or even know if God is calling us. Other times we have trouble discerning God’s voice from the other voices in our lives. Maybe when we do hear the call we are reluctant to answer or simply let God’s call go to voicemail. We are not unique in our experience of call. This winter we are going to examine over 24 different call stories from the Bible from January 10 until February 14.
Study - A Living Portrait of the Last Supper
The study accompanying the Answering the Call sermon series is Titled A Living Portriat of the Last supper - A play. Which is based on the portrait “The Last Supper”, by Leonardo daVinci.
It leads us through the thoughts of the disciples in the painting. We will be going through sections of this play in 5 Wednesday nights at 6:00 starting on January 13, via zoom. (see the link below). The play can be downloaded here or copies can be picked up in the church office.
The topics are as follows.
- January 13 - James & John
- January 20 - Nathaniel (Bartholomew) & Philip
- January 27 - James (Son of Alpheus), Simon the Zealot, & Thaddeus
- February 3 - Thomas, Matthew & Judas
- February 10 - Peter & Andrew
You can join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 940 3651 1177
Phone in number is 312 626 6799
- January 10 - Moses - Exodus 3:1-15
- January 17 - Samuel - 1 Samuel 3:1-10
- January 24 - Jonah - Jonah 3:1-10
- January 31 - Rich Young Ruler - Mark 10:17-22
- February 7 - The women mentioned in Luke 8 - Luke 8:1-3
- February 14 - Bartimaeus - Mark 10:46-52
(These are different people than our study or Sermon series. You can sign up for our newsletter here)
- January 4 - Lot
- January 11 - Isaiah
- January 18 - Gideon
- January 25 - The Would Be Followers - Luke 9:57-62
- February 1 - Lydia
- February 8 - Zacchaeus